Little Farms is Singapore’s friendly neighborhood market , specializing in the highest quality and freshest all-natural and organic produce, meats, seafood, dairy and grocery. Our Café and Bistro craft healthy and delicious meals and beverages, while our baristas serve up some of the best coffee and tea in Singapore.
Little Farms is a mindful approach to healthy living. Let Little Farms be your go-to destination for carefully selected, ethically sourced food. In all we do, we want to make each day more rewarding, inspired and downright healthier.
Here at Little Farms , we are always on the lookout for like-minded people who value providing fresh, whole foods and quality service to our customers. We are constantly evolving and working to provide the freshest produce to the community.
Join us in being one of the few who believes in great and healthy food for the mind and body!
Our first store at Valley Point Shopping Centre opened in February 2016, to meet the growing demand for fresh, clean and ethical food in Singapore. Later that year, we started servicing online orders island-wide. In 2017, we expanded our Valley Point store and launched our first Little Farms Café. In 2018, we opened our Little Farms stores in the Novena, Tanjong Pagar and in Holland Village communities. In Late 2019, we expanded our café to serve our customers better and opened up our crowd favorite butcher counter in Valley Point. In Early 2021, we launched our store in Joo Chiat, Katong Point as well as our first full table service Bistro.
Role of Head Chef:
The Head Chef manages and overseas the day-to-day operations of the F&B outlet in (i) delivering high quality, healthy and delicious food, and (ii) strong sales and profit growth. He/She will report to and work closely with the Group Executive Chef in planning of the menu, liaising with suppliers, controlling of costs and the budget, as well as ensuring any possible issues are resolved in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensure our products are fresh, delicious and of the highest standards of quality, to be perceived as great value for money while delighting our customers
- Support the Restaurant Manager by ensuring our service recovery is prompt, warm and efficient, leaving the customer with a positive impression of the Company to the best extent possible
- Responsible for all food preparation of the outlet’s menu in accordance with the standards of quality expected
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the kitchen team members on cooking, food preparation and dish plating
- Responsible for inventory control in relation to kitchen supplies and equipment
- Ensure all cooking stations are adequately stocked for operational needs
- Maintain positive working relationships with the Front-of-House and Retail team members
- Any other duties as assigned by the Group Executive Chef
Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar capacity
- Highly independent and enjoy being hands-on in all kitchen operations
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods, such as grilling, baking, boiling etc.
- Knowledge and strong understanding of hygiene, health and safety practices and regulations
- Possess food hygiene and safety certification
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow team members as part of a team
- Able to work on weekends and public holidays (5-day roster)